I miss a lot of things from Thailand. I miss the friendly people, cheap cost of living and the beautiful mountains, but most of all I miss the Thai food. The flavors of this Thai Red Curry Recipe take me back to the time I spent in Thailand. I can never get it to taste quite as good as it was when the Thai people made it for me and I do not think I ever will, but close enough will have to be good enough.
- 1 1/2 cups Thai jasmine rice
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 3 medium size potatoes, chopped into small blocks
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin long strips
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 can coconut milk (low fat)*
- 1-2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1-2tsp corn starch
- salt and pepper, to taste
*My recipes are always high carb low fat, but if you want your Thai red curry to be extra creamy then use regular coconut milk.
1. In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. In a non-stick frying pan, fry the sliced onion.
3. Mix the Thai red curry paste with the coconut milk and add it to the frying pan, along with chopped potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and red bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in broccoli until just tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Thicken with corn starch, if needed.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Serve immediately with rice.
10. Enjoy your Thai Red Curry!
PS: Pictures are not always an accurate depiction of the dish. I am not a photographer and I will occasionally use images found on stock free websites to use as a feature image.