You should be able to guess by now that my favorite staple dishes involve rice, potatoes or PASTA! Here is another delicious high carb low fat vegan pasta dish. It only has 5 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! It is perfect for when you are too busy to cook a fancy meal, but still want a tasty dish filled with healthy carbohydrates.
- Your favorite pasta
- Cherry tomatoes*
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
*Cherry tomatoes are the best tomatoes to use for this recipe, because they do not release as much water as other tomatoes. This is important when mixing the tomatoes with the other ingredients.
1. Cook the pasta until al dente
2. Add minced garlic, shredded basil, thinly sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper to a large bowl
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
4. Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water
5. Combine and toss all the ingredients
6. Add more salt and pepper to taste
7. Enjoy your cherry tomato pasta!
Hot (or cold) tip: This is a good dish to stick the leftovers in the fridge and enjoy a cold pasta salad the next day for lunch!