The time I spent living in Asia made me absolutely LOVE rice. I eat rice almost every single day now. I also fell in love with Thai food in general. To be honest, the delicious food is probably what I miss most about Thailand… so every time I make this thai coconut rice recipe, memories of Thailand come flooding back to me.
- 1 cup white jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Cilantro, to taste
1. Add the rice, water, coconut milk, ginger and garlic to a pot (If you have a rice cooker you can use that instead).
2. Cook the rice on low heat for roughly 30 minutes.
3. Allow the rice to steam for 5-10 minutes.
4. In a non-stick frying pan, fry up the onions, peppers and carrots on medium to high heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add the rice and vegetables together.
6. Add cilantro, to taste.
*the photo used in this recipe is not an accurate depiction of the dish, as it does not include the vegetable toppings.