Who does not like a good vegan soup recipe, especially on a cold winters day? I know I do. If you know me, you also know that I love potatoes. I love potatoes almost as much as I love rice (the key word being ALMOST). As is the case with most of the meals I make, this is a super easy high carb low fat vegan recipe, with minimal ingredients. I always enjoy seeing how tasty I can make food with the most basic and fewest amount of ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 onion, peeled and dice
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups broccoli
- 6 medium size potatoes, peel and chopped
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut cream
1. Fry the onion with the garlic and a little bit of water in a non-stick pot, until tender.
2. Add the vegetable broth and potatoes to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are tender.
3. Add the broccoli and thyme, and cover for 5 minutes, until fully steamed.
4. Add in the coconut cream and give it a good stir.
5. Puree the soup in a blender.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Enjoy your high carb low fat vegan soup!