If you know me, you know that rice is my favorite food. I eat it almost every single day. Sometimes I eat it twice a day! I particularly love the taste of fried rice. However, I also love the feeling you get when you eat low fat vegan food! Eating a low fat meal makes you feel light and energized. Fried rice is traditionally made using a lot of oil and oil is the biggest source of dietary fat. That is why I use this alternative recipe to create delicious “fried” rice, without using any oil.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup corn kennels
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Tofu (optional)
1. Cook the rice and let it cool down afterwards. Once the rice has cooled down, transfer it from the cooking pot into a bowl and put it in the fridge to sit over night.
2. Add the chopped garlic, onion and diced carrots to a non-stick frying pan. Cook them over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the peas and corn kennels and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and soy sauce. Stir it in properly and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the rice is hot. Do not overcook the rice.
5. Fry the tofu in a separate non-stick frying pan and add to the otherwise finished dish.
6. Enjoy your vegan no-fry “fried” rice!