This is a black bean chilli recipe I like to cook for dinner from time to time. You will notice that for almost all of my recipes I avoid using oil and instead, I use water to fry up vegetables. You can always choose to use oil for these recipes, but it would mean that the recipes are not high carb low fat. This black bean chilli recipe is very spicy, so be careful!
Black Bean Chilli Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 heaped tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 red, yellow and green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans black beans
Black Bean Chilli Recipe Instructions:
1. Fry the onion in a bit of water, along with the dried spices. You can fry it in oil instead of water, if you prefer.
2. Add in the peppers and fry together with the onion for a few minutes, before adding the chopped chilli and garlic.
3. Stir in the tomato puree until everything is coated, then add the can of chopped tomatoes. Add the sugar, balsamic vinegar and 1/2 a cup – a cup of water. Season and stir. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse the black beans. Add the beans to the pan and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. You can choose how you want to serve the chilli. You can eat it with tortilla wraps or nachos. I like to eat it with my favorite type of white rice (usually, jasmine rice).